Thursday, March 4, 2010

Spring Break

Tomorrow I depart for my two-week spring break before heading to Chengdu, China for my next term. I first fly to London and have a 10-hour layover there, during which we hope to stash our bags and take the tube into the city to go shopping for a few hours. I also hope to have my favorite lunch from Pret a Manger of a tuna with cucumbers on a French baguette, a slice of carrot cake with cream cheese frosting and a Diet Coke. Mmm mmm.

After a 13-hour flight, we’ll arrive in Hong Kong where we’ll stay for three days. We then fly to Phuket, Thailand where seven of us are staying in a villa in the hills above the beach with our own personal chef and cleaning lady (things like this are affordable when you split them between seven people). After three nights in the villa, most of the group moves onto Bangkok and Cambodia but myself and my friend Molly are moving to a hotel in Phuket that’s actually on the beach. The reasoning behind this is that I am going to Bangkok and Cambodia with my parents during my break in May, and I didn’t want to do the same trip twice. After a few more days of lounging on the beautiful beaches of Thailand, Molly and I are headed into the jungle for a four day safari during which we’ll ride elephants, hike through a rainforest, and sleep in river huts for a night (but don’t worry, mosquito nets are included). It is going to be a good mix of city, beach and nature and I cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment