Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Saint Tropez and Saint Paul (France)

Meeting my dad at the Milano airport went off without a hitch, and we started our road trip as planned. Our first stop was Saint Tropez, about a four hour drive from Milano. We stopped in a coastal town of Italy for lunch on our way, and the beach was deserted. We were the only ones in the restaurant. I can imagine the place being packed in the summer, but it was nice, sunny fall day, and it was nice to have it to ourselves. We spend Friday night walking around the town of Saint Tropez. It really reminded me of an old, colonial Caribbean town with the white buildings, narrow roads, and cobblestone streets.

The next morning we went back into Saint Tropez so I could see it in the daylight, and it happened that Saturday morning is market day. We strolled through the market for about an hour, and I found a stall with books…in English! I bought two for the trip, and the man gave me a “good price” because I am a broke student (his words). After the market in Saint Tropez, we drove to a little medieval town called St. Paul. It sits on top of a hill consists of lots of very narrow cobblestone streets and lots of artists’ galleries. Dad found a really cool sculpture of a man playing a piano, and thought it would be nice for one of his friends who is into music. He had me take a picture of it so we could email it to them, but we thought maybe we should ask how much it costs first. It was going for the reasonable price of 35,000 Euros. Chump change.

Pictures: Me in Saint Tropez; the infamous sculpture

No comments:

Post a Comment