Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Recreating My Breakfast of Choice (Un)Successfully

The one food item I have been craving incessantly is Quaker Maple & Brown Sugar Instant Oatmeal. My pile of oatmeal packets was tossed in the final edit of what to bring with me and boy what that a mistake.

I decided to try to recreate this meal using what I could find in the grocery store, so I bought what I thought was oatmeal and what I thought was brown sugar (no English labels here). Turns out the oatmeal isn’t the instant variety (I’ve had this problem with instant things before…. remember when I tried to make the recipe calling for instant rice, but just used regular rice? Three hours and the rice STILL wasn’t cooked!) and the brown sugar isn’t brown sugar, it’s pure can sugar. My attempt failed. The next day I went to the store and bought bananas and yogurt. That’ll have to do for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment