The past few days have been a mixture of enjoying Geneva and doing homework. The amount of reading has been overwhelming and I’m still trying to get used to reading text books again. But enough about school….I’ll let you know the fun stuff.
There is a company in Geneva that operates a free (well, relatively free) bike rental service. They have about five stands situated throughout the city. You go to the stand, sign your life away, pay a deposit of 20 CHF per person, and the bike is yours for four hours. If you don’t return it to one of the five stands within the four hours, you have to pay 1 CHF
per hour afterwards. If you do return it in time with no harm done, you get your deposit back. I love bike riding so I asked the first person I saw awake that morning (Megan) to come with me. We picked up our bikes and headed toward the lake. We rode for about an hour through (somewhat) familiar Geneva territory, but then came across the gates to a park. We entered what we thought would be a little neighborhood park but it turned out to be a HUGE open space complete with an outdoor café, some sort of theater (I think…reminder: learn more French), a rose garden, soccer fields and beautiful views of the lake. After our ride we had lunch at a little restaurant where my poulet sandwich was CHF 6.50 and my Coke Light was CHF 4.50. Typical.
Saturday afternoon was another be
autiful, sunny day. A group of eight of us went paddle boating on Lake Geneva. I figure as long as it is still warm I am going to do as much outdoors as I can! We rented two, four-person boats, one of which came with a little water slide on the back. The day was a little chilly (about 75F) so I didn’t end up getting in the water, but we had fun paddling around the lake and chasing swans with our boats (I’ve decided swans are to Geneva what geese are to St. Louis—they’re everywhere!) I was amazed how clear the water was and how many sail boats were out.
Pictures: Megan and I in the rose garden of the park we discovered during our bike ride; Paddle boating on lake Geneva.
There is a company in Geneva that operates a free (well, relatively free) bike rental service. They have about five stands situated throughout the city. You go to the stand, sign your life away, pay a deposit of 20 CHF per person, and the bike is yours for four hours. If you don’t return it to one of the five stands within the four hours, you have to pay 1 CHF
Saturday afternoon was another be
autiful, sunny day. A group of eight of us went paddle boating on Lake Geneva. I figure as long as it is still warm I am going to do as much outdoors as I can! We rented two, four-person boats, one of which came with a little water slide on the back. The day was a little chilly (about 75F) so I didn’t end up getting in the water, but we had fun paddling around the lake and chasing swans with our boats (I’ve decided swans are to Geneva what geese are to St. Louis—they’re everywhere!) I was amazed how clear the water was and how many sail boats were out.Pictures: Megan and I in the rose garden of the park we discovered during our bike ride; Paddle boating on lake Geneva.
No comments:
Post a Comment