Tuesday night the director of the MBA program took half of us out to dinner with a few Webster Geneva staff members (don't worry--the other half went out to dinner Wednesday night). We ate at a fancy lakefront restaurant near campus. The room in whcih we ate was surrounded on three sides by glass, and the 11 of us ate at a long, rectangular table. Being one of the first to enter the room, I got what I thought was the best seat in the house--the one right next to the glass with beautiful views of the lake! I was qiuck to notice, however, that the entire window was COVERED with bugs. I mean COVERED. There were probably ten different species, ranging from fruit flies to moths to Swiss bees (I'm calling them Swiss bees because I think they were bees, but they didn't look like US bees, so let's just call them Swiss bees). They pretty much left me alone save for a few daring ones that tried to attack my glass of wine or the one that thought my hair was a nest. Luckily, after the sun went down they dissappeared (but where did they go?)
The menu was pretty "different" food, heavy on seafood, and I wasn't sure what to order, so I picked steak tartar because it was something I've actually heard of. I was sitting next to the director, and after I ordered, she looked at me and said, "Wow, you're being daring tonight." I asked her why and she informed me that steak tartar is RAW hamburger meat. I had NO idea. But I figured, when in Rome, so I decided to keep my order. The meal turned out to be horrible--not so much the rawness of the meat, I actually didn't mind that, but there was some weird seasoning that I couldn't put my finger on. Luckily, I had a good Caprese salad for a starter and they served us lots of bread (and even French fries!) so I didn't leave hungry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment