Sunday, August 23, 2009

Whirlwind

I feel like I have not stopped going going going since I got here Friday morning. As soon as I arrived to the dorms, three classmates and I walked aimlessly around town for about three hours. Friday night everyone went down to a park on the lakefront, where people hang out and there is a bar where you can buy drinks (you can also bring your own bottles of wine if you choose). Saturday I went on a Webster organized tour that took us via train to Montreaux where we visited Chateaux de Chillon. We then made our way back to Geneva via boat, walking, subway, train and finally a bus back to Les Berges. This morning I ventured to a farmer’s market about 8 blocks away and the afternoon was spent mostly on the Rhone riverfront outside our building. We are situation adjacent to a bridge where people spend all day jumping off the bridge, having the current bring them a few hundred yards downstream, climbing out of the river, and doing it all over again. I managed to get the courage to jump off once, but I was shaking and my heart was pounding the entire time. Not sure if I’ll do it again. After my jump, I laid out (gotta keep up the tan!) and read my marketing textbook in preparation of our first class tomorrow.
Pictures: Top--Chateaux de Chillon; Bottom--Giant game of checkers in a park in Geneva

No comments:

Post a Comment