Hi everyone and welcome to my blog!
My MBA program officially started on Sunday night with orientation here in St. Louis. Webster put us up in the Ritz and bussed (actually van-ed and SUV-ed) myself and my 14 classmates to Webster's campus for three days of introductions, meetings, and informational sessions. It was a LONG three days during which I decided I never want to hold a job where I have to wear a suit everyday (dress code was business professional), but it gave me a better feel for what to expect academically and I got some good tips from former students.
I met the people I will be spending the next year with and so far everyone seems really nice. Turns out one of the other students shares my Aug. 14, 1984 birthday, we were both born at St. Mary's, and weirder still we were born about an hour apart. I keep thinking we were probably in the hospital's nursery together!
This afternoon and evening was spent attempting to edit down what I want to pack to fit into two checked-bags and two carry-ons. Later Katie, Steve and Ryan came over for dinner for a last goodbye and some quality family time.
Tomorrow I ship out so I'll keep you posted once I arrive in Geneva.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment