The second show I have seen here is The Lion King. My mom has seen it twice in St. Louis, and loved it, but unfortunately both times I was at school in Ohio, so I couldn’t pass up the chance to see it here. The story was almost exactly like the Disney movie, just add a few songs, but what set the play apart was the sets and the costumes. The way they made people look like animals was unbelieveable and extremely creative, and the same goes for the sets and the transitions between scenes. The acting and singing by the London cast was mediocre in my opinion (I kept wondering if we got the understudy cast), and it bothered me that they all had British accents (I know I’m in London, but it still bothered me). But, I’d go back again just for the visual aspects. One weird thing—the kids who played the younger versions of Nala and Simba didn’t come out for the curtain call. I’m wondering if it had something to do with child labor laws and if they aren’t allowed to be at the theater past a certain time?
Next week we have a required play called “Mother Courage” to attend for the program. I have no idea what it’s about but I like going to plays so I’m sure I’ll enjoy. The night before I leave for St. Louis I’m attending the National Ballet’s production of The Nutrcacker at the Royal Opera House. I wanted to do something Christmasy before coming home and I think the ballet will satisfy that!
Picture: Me, Molly and Krystle at Avenue Q.
No comments:
Post a Comment