Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Things I Like in London

· The Tube—London’s subway system is extremely well organized. There are signs and maps everywhere, and it is easy to get around.

· The Weather—Like in Geneva, I am surprised at how warm it is here. Although I have been wearing my winter coat, I have yet to be truly cold. It is rarely sunny, but it doesn’t rain as much as I thought it would, either. And I haven’t seen a bit of fog yet.

· The Streets—On the main intersections, in big, white letters, is painted : “Look Left” or “Look Right” depending on which way the traffic is coming from. This is very helpful considering they drive on the wrong side of the road here and I never really know which way to look. I haven’t been hit by a car yet.

· The Shopping—London has great shopping, and the flagship store of the Holy Grail of shopping, TopShop. I have been there five times already. You can get great bargains, even with the exchange rate (about 1.8:1) if you look hard enough.

· The Language—Having everything in English is more helpful that you could imagine. I know what I’m buying in the grocery store and if I need to find something I can just ask a person on the street. So easy, but such a tease before spending the next 6 months in non-English speaking countries!

No comments:

Post a Comment