Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Library above the UBahn

I was looking for a place to study other than my apartment so I googled Vienna libraries and found the central library of Vienna. I figured my way there via the UBahn (I had to change trains twice, sort of annoying but I didn’t know a more direct way to get there) and got off on the stop I was supposed to. Once off, it wasn’t clear as to which way to walk to get to the library so I asked a man selling magazines, and in broken English he told me to go up the escalators (even though we were on ground level). Turns out the library is literally built in a building ABOVE the UBahn stop, which sits a few stories above the rest of the buildings on the street. It was one of the nicest libraries I had been to in Europe because it was new, modern, mid-sized and easy to navigate, and the best part was the study area which had amazing view of Vienna and the surrounding hills. I only ended up going there three times because it took so long to get to (45 minutes one-way), but those were three very productive afternoons.

No comments:

Post a Comment