Later that day my parents planned to have dinner with another Austrian friend (one I had never met but whom my dad had done lots of business with while in Vienna). If I remember correctly, he was involved in banking and was the reason why I was able to have a European credit card during my time abroad. That little security chip that is so prominent in European credit cards but almost non-existent in American ones saved me A LOT of hassle and frustration over the past year.
Anyway, we planned to meet the banker, Richard and Erika for dinner at one of Vienna’s most famous heurigers in a nice, outdoor location. My parents picked me up from my apartment and we drove the 30 or so minutes to the venue. As we got closer, things started to look more and more familiar, and I was thinking, “Why do I recognize this? I don’t live anywhere near here or ever come out this way.” All of a sudden we pulled up to the heuriger which just so happened to be our first stop on the winery bike tour fiasco a week prior! I couldn’t believe we had been to one of Vienna’s most famous and didn’t even realize it.
No comments:
Post a Comment