My last few days in Vienna were taken up by finals and the arrival of my parents who came to town for my graduation ceremony. The first full day they were there we decided to head out of the city to a lake about an hour’s drive away, on the Hungary/Austria border. My parents have been to Vienna multiple times and were looking to do something different, so my dad suggested we rent bikes and ride around the lake. Sounded like a good plan to me and my mom so we were in.
When we arrived at the lake, we didn’t see many people biking or a bike path really, but we figured we were just in the wrong place. We backtracked a little to the hotel from which we were going to rent bikes, and were informed that there really wasn’t a path around the lake but rather paths that went from small lake town to small lake town. Obviously my dad is as good as planning biking trips as I am (way to go, dad). None of us wanted to ride from town to town, so we decided to head to the larger neighboring town and check it out. On our way there, I noticed signs for an outlet mall so I made my parents stop and check it out. It was just like an outlet mall in the States, same architecture and set-up as well, and although there weren’t many stores that I was interested in I did get a few cute things for good prices. I still think it’s funny that there are outlet malls in Europe in the same types of towns that would have outlet malls here.
When we arrived to small town #2 we walked out on the pier of the lake and were amazed by the number of windsurfers out that day. It was a very windy day, so it makes sense, but it seemed like there were hundreds of them. I have never seen anything like it. By this time it was mid-afternoon so we had a nice lunch at a lake-side restaurant (where my parents had eaten before, actually) and then headed back to Vienna since I had class that night.
No comments:
Post a Comment