Sunday, September 26, 2010
Alone in Croatia – Night #2
The storm that I was worried about never made it to fruition, so on Saturday night I decided to head to the Old Town to grab dinner and catch the USA play Ghana in the World Cup. I started out the evening in one of Old Town’s small squares, where all the restaurants had outdoor seating and plasma tvs broadcasting the game to their patrons. After the first half, I moved on to another restaurant situation in a narrow alleyway. It seemed that literally every restaurant in Dubrovnik had moved a tv outside so dinner guests and passer-bys could watch the game, and it was a fun and festive atmosphere, made more interesting by the comments of people from literally all over the world who had come together to watch the game. When the game went into overtime, I headed to a rowdy Irish pub where I watched the USA lose to Ghana. It was a great game (although I was disappointed that the US lost) and a great night spent with complete strangers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment