Monday, September 6, 2010

The Neighbors

I have a great vantage point of the neighborhood from my corner room, and I can observe all the happenings in the neighborhood at any given time. We live across the street from a shady little pub, and at all hours of the day there are people drinking there – usually alone or in groups of two or three. And when I say all hours of the day I mean they start at 8:00am. Some of my favorite neighbors:
• The boob lady. There is this lady that I’ve seen a few times walking around in the middle of the day, and she has been nicknamed the boob lady for good reason. She is probably about 40 pounds overweight, and half of that weight is carried in her boobs which she proudly displays for the entire community to see. Her signature look is the spaghetti strap tank top with ¾ of her bra hanging out (if you could even call it a bra considering her boobs literally hang down to her waist). She loves bright make-up and uncombed hair as well.
• Bono. Did you know Bono from U2 is now living in Vienna? I didn’t either until I saw him sitting in his apartment window, which just happens to be one street over from mine. Bono loves to wear his red tinted sunglasses and chill on his windowsill…often with his head leaned back and eyes closed. One day a thunder storm turned hail storm roared through the neighborhood, and we all stuck our heads out the window to see what was going on. Bono was there on his windowsill, getting drenched by the rain, and we made eye contact. In true rock and roll style, he have me a slick head nod and make the international “rock on!” signal with his hand.
• The naked guy. Below Bono lives the naked guy. He has no window coverings, and since I’m a floor above him, I can see completely into his apartment. He loves walking around in his birthday suit, especially when it’s night time and his lights are on so I can see extra well into his apartment. Sometimes his girlfriend comes over and she walks around naked too. Lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment