Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Dubrovnik, Croatia






I arrived to Dubrovnik on time as scheduled at about 4:00pm on Friday night. As I flew into the city I was amazed by the views out of my window….cliffs and rolling mountains cascading into the Aegean Sea with little islands off the rocky coast. The man from whom I rented our weekend apartment picked me up, and as we drove the 30 minutes to the city I was reminded of a lusher version of Greece.

We arrived to the apartment, which was located about a quarter mile outside the walls of the city, and we had to walk up a few stairs and through some pedestrian-only alleyways to get to our apartment. It was a 400 year old two story building, and the family who owned it had renovated the first floor into a two-bedroom, one-bathroom apartment with a family room/living room and a nice, covered patio out front. Neighbors lived on the second floor. The apartment was immaculately renovated, and it was completely unexpected from the exterior of the building. The wife and daughter of the man that picked me up was waiting to explain everything to me and to answer any questions I had, and they were extremely nice and helpful. They were quite worried when I told them my friend’s flight was delayed, and told me to call them if ANYTHING came up and I needed them. If anyone is going to Croatia, I would totally recommend staying there as it was reasonably priced, was in a great location, and the owners were awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment