Tuesday, September 7, 2010

One More Trip

The last weekend trip of my year abroad was one that I had wanted to go on since before I even left for Europe last August – Croatia. I first heard about it years ago as an up and coming destination, and I wanted to go there before it became too touristy. I definitely missed my chance on that one, but it was still as amazing as I thought it would be. I originally wanted to go island hopping off the Dalmatian Coast (in my mind I was sipping on champagne on a yacht off that coast) but was brought back to reality by time and price constraints (who knew renting a 40 ft yacht for 5 days can cost upwards of 25,000 euros). I chose to go to Dubrovnik as I’ve heard it is a beautiful, walled city that sits right on the water and there seemed to be a variety of things to do both in and around the city. My best friend from high school, Caitlin, planned to meet me there and we would spend four days together in Dubrovnik before she flew back with me to Vienna to spend another four days. We both learned quickly that things don’t always go as planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment