Sunday, September 26, 2010

Caitlin FINALLY Arrives



Later that night, Caitlin FINALLY arrived in Dubrovnik – a full 48 hours after she was supposed to get there! Our apartment owner picked her up from the airport and we headed straight to Old Town for dinner and drinks. Her aunt’s friend had recommended a place called the Taj Mahal, and I had coincidentally walked past in while exploring the Old Town on my first day there. I somewhat remembered where it was, and as we turned into an alleyway which I thought put us on the right track we asked a store owner if he knew where it was, and it turns out it was about three storefronts down! I’m gooooood. We shared a bottle of wine over dinner and caught up, and the next thing I knew it was midnight. The restaurant seemed to be closing down so we asked for our check and it came out in a…..treasure box. Definitely the most unique check presentation I have ever experienced. We slipped our money into the box and headed to see what Dubrovnik’s Sunday night nightlife would be like. We walked around for awhile and the only thing that seemed somewhat alive was the Irish pub that had been one of my stops on my World Cup pub crawl the night before. There was a pretty good, young crowd and we ended up spending our time hanging out with a group of guys from Dublin. An hour or so later we called it a night and headed back to our apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment