I share a two-bedroom apartment with Megan on the top (26th) floor of building No. 6 (or is it No. 8?) The complex is called A to Z Town and the motto is "Life Worth Living". The apartment came fully furnished and definitely took some used to getting used to because:
• Chinese furniture is very hard because they believe hard furniture is good for your back. Our mattresses are the equivalent of box springs and the living room furniture was just the frames of furniture with no cushions. We got Webster to buy us some cushions, and I bought a mattress pad at Wal-Mart.
• The bathroom. There is no separate flooring between the shower and the rest of the bathroom, so the room gets flooded at least twice each day. There is a huge window in the shower and covering the window are thick, red, velvet drapes. They also get wet every time we shower. The final weird thing about the bathroom is that the washing machine is halfway in the shower, halfway in the other part of the bathroom. Also, the electrical outlet for the washing machine is located in the shower. We keep it unplugged for the most part, but when I do plug it in, I usually stand on the windowsill so that I am not standing in a puddle of leftover shower water. Water + electricity do not mix.
• The kitchen. There are no upper cabinets, and a lot of the plumbing is on the outside of the wall.
• Life without a dryer. We don’t have a dryer, but luckily we got an apartment with a balcony so we can put our clothes out there to dry. It takes about two days for anything to dry, and even though I put an excessive amount of fabric softener in each load of laundry, my clothes are always crunchy. Another thing about not drying clothes is that after they get stretched out from being worn they don’t shrink back up.
Pictures: A to Z Town, our bathroom.
No comments:
Post a Comment